PRODUCTS & SERVICES TO COVER YOUR HOME
If you’re ready to make your home as beautiful on the outside as it is on the inside, improvements such as new roofing or other exterior changes can transform its look and feel.
If you’re concerned about the look or performance of your roof, check these 5 signs:
- Start Inside > If you think you might need a new roof, check your attic or crawlspace first. Arm yourself with a flashlight and look under the eaves. Search for light beams coming through the top of the house or stains and streaks, which may signal a leaky or damaged roof.
- Check Your Records > Review your home improvement records to see when your roof was replaced or reshingled. Knowing when a roof was installed (and what it’s made of) offers insight into its remaining life. A typical asphalt shingle roof lasts 20 to 25 years, while a roof installed over existing shingles should be replaced after 20 years.
- Check the Shingles > Keep an eye on your roof make sure it’s in good shape, especially after heavy storms. Shingles should lie flat against the roof; if you find patches that are cracked, damaged, or buckling, replacement may be in order.
- Check for Sagging > A droopy, sagging roof is one that surely needs replacing before further damage occurs to your home. Check the surface for signs of trapped moisture, rotting boards, or sagging spots—especially at the lowest points in the roof.
- Check for Unwanted House Plants > Moss can look great in a shady corner of your yard but on a roof, it spells trouble. Moss (and likewise mold and fungi) indicate there may be trapped moisture, which can ruin your roof.
WINDOWS & DOORS
READY TO TALK ABOUT YOUR PROJECT? FILL OUT THIS SIMPLE FORM TO BEGIN THE CONVERSATION >
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
For Immediate Release Cornerstone Remodeling and Inspiration Renovations have merged their residential remodeling companies to offer exceptional interior and exterior
If you’re considering new or replacement Andersen windows and doors, read this short Q and A first. Q. What types